Welcome to my guide on how to accurately test yourself for yeast infection at home.
In women some itching downstairs may not be related to vaginal yeast infection. This is why it is important to determine if the real cause of the symptoms. If are certain that you have vaginal yeast infection then I encourage you to go take an examination from a medical professional.
If you have done some reading on our website you will understand that there is no easy way which allows to check for candida yeast infection. There are however multiple tests you can do at home which may give you some indication on whether you have candida yeast infection. By using information on this page you will get somewhat a good insight and test on whether you have symptoms relating to yeast infection.
#yeast infection itch test
#Test for sugar craving during yeast infection
Yeast infection itch test
Quite often there will be increased itching which may appear on any part of the body. Itching can of course be a normal response and not completely indicative of a certain health condition. With yeast infection though, it will occur more frequently. I would suggest you to make a record of every time you itch
during the period of couple of days. This means not only the frequency but also the region. Anal itching is often more frequent during yeast infection, but subtle itching may occur anywhere on the body.
You should also have something to check your scalp of hidden rashes. Itching on the head may be indicative of a rash which is hiding there, some medical professionals could diagnose it as an allergy, eczema or psoriasis without looking into the root cause. Patients who are treated for such conditions find out that although it reduces itching and the rash, it actually never goes away.
Areas which you would want to watch is genital itching, itching on the hands and feet. You should test places which are most susceptive to yeast infection, which are dark, moist and warm.
Test for sugar craving during yeast infection
One of main reasons which you should test for during yeast infection is craving for sweets. The reason is because yeast and candida feed of sugars. More they feed from it the more they grow. You may always had a desire for sweets, which may be been indicative of an overgrowth. You probably have noticed that your sugar craving has developed into small addiction.
This may happen when you are experiencing an aggravating factor. For example this can be due to something recent, like prescribed antibiotics or corticosteroids. What these drugs do is tip the balance between micro-flora in the digestive tract and dominance by some particular strain.
If by chance you have noticed a recent craving of sweets, try to trace it back to one certain event. For women who have been talking oral contraceptives for a prolonged period, craving for sweets is increased gradually over time and can be too subtle to notice. The next test if even more relevant because it can help locate where exactly is the problem and whether craving is actually an addiction.
There can also be an underlying problem which everyone is subjected to, which is the fact that sugars are added to food. We may not even normally have a craving for sweets specifically, regular person is subjected to foods which are filled with sugars during the manufacturing process. This means that you are unwittingly feeding your yeast infection and you should test for this possibility at home.
Taking this will test which will show you whether your cravings for sweets are indicative of candida overgrowth. What you have to do is keep sweets off you menu for at least 3 days. It will test whether or not you have an increase in an addictive craving for sweets, if “NO” then most likely you DO NOT have a yeast infection overgrowth. But if simply staying of sweets is a problem for you then most likely you do have an yeast infection overgrowth.
Consumption of any kind of sugars, be it fruits, chocolate, candy, soda just have to be eliminated. Same applies to fast carbohydrates like flour, cookies, cakes, dairy, cereals and even alcohol. You can find a complete list of foods to eat or avoid in my candida diet book.
Even if you will cut out every food that you know which feeds candida, you may get sugars indirectly through dairy products or even processed ham or meats which have sugar added into them. What I mean is that its almost impossible to remove sugar out of our modern diet completely. But eliminating the obvious ones will go a long way to test whether your body reacts to these changes. And if you have yeast infection / candida overgrowth or not.
You might very well experience withdrawal symptoms. You could feel so much fatigue that you might crash, have headaches, get aggravated more easily. This can be a sign of not just of sugar craving, but an addiction to it.
The good side to yeast infection and this home test is that if you stick with it for 3 days, you should see improvements to your health by the end of it. If that is the case then starving this candida overgrowth is what you should continue.
One way to help your digestive tract is by eating foods which are more bitter. When you stimulate the acidity in your stomach, you will actually increase the digestive processes of the gut. This will allow you to get more nutrients from food. This can make up for energy boost you usually get from eating sugar or fast carbohydrates.
- Swedish bitters have been used as an digestive aid for a long time and are completely herbal.
- Genetian root is another thing you want to try.
- Fresh bitter vegetables endives and chicory are also known for stimulating the digestive processes and help suppress sugar craving.
Saliva Or Spit Yeast Infection Test
It can be subjected to a debate but some people have found the saliva spit yeast infection test to be quite an effective method to diagnose patients who suffer from a candida overgrowth.
- You will have to do this test during the morning upon waking up, before you have had anything toeat or drink or even brushed your teeth.
- Fill a glass with water and spit into it. If the spit floats on top and remains so an hour later. Then its quite likely that you DO NOT have a yeast infection.
- Please note that there are other signs in this test which may be a sign of a yeast infection. If the spit stays on top and has strands floating down from it then its a likely sign that you have Candida.
- If the spit sinks to the bottom or midway during this yeast infection test then these are similarly good indicators that there is something wrong with your digestive tract.
- You may also notice that the spit causes the water to cloud up or there will be specks in the water. Where as they will have broken off from main part of the saliva. This is also indicative test sign that you may have a yeast infection.
Yeast Infection Test For Smell
Another this which you might notice which commonly arises with digestive dysfunction. Its an increase of unpleasant body odors. Although people are maintaining a good hygiene routine they might often find that their body is may be quite unpleasant. These odors may come from different routines.
- Some people might find that they have an increase odors from armpits, even if they have not been physically active.
- Some people might have specific foot odor even after washing.
- Others may have an increased smell in the genital area. Here it is important to not wear hose, tight nylon underwear or heavy tight pants like jeans or coveralls. Cotton clothing which breathes is a good option.
- Another sign might be that people find that they have bad breath even if they brush their teeth.
- Another issue can be flatulence which is an accumulation of gas in the alimentary canal. To some degree this is normal. Too much gas during the day is not, this is way more distinctive when accompanied by horrific odors.
- Belching which is when you emit wind noisily from the stomach through your mouth mouth. This can at test to yeast infection also. The bigger problem is increase in flatulence which is increased for no reason right after eating.
A lot of people who suffer from yeast infection are embarrassed to talk about it, but they notice increased bodily odors emanating from them. This is not something anyone wishes to discuss openly, but you should note that if you will become aware of unusual odors then taking a yeast infection test at home will be a worthwhile endeavor.
Yeast Infection Test Of The Tongue
A lot of us remember when we were younger and had to stick out our tongue during medical examination. This practice is not so widespread today, there are number of health issues which can be indicated by examining the tongue. This yeast infection test done at home can reveal thrush.
- Tongue indicates problems in the digestive system. If your tongue looks pinkish all over and healthy, then it is a good sign.
- If the color of your tongue changes it may indicate problems in the digestive tract.
This method is known in Chinese medicine for centuries. If there is a coating on your tongue. It can range from white, yellow to brown shades. This indicates bacterial imbalance in the digestive tract.
In Chinese medicine different sides of the tongue indicate different health issues:
- Sides of the tongue represent liver health.
- Tip of the tongue represents the stomach.
- Back of the tongue represents large intestines or colon.
People who suffer from yeast infection can test to this. Back of their tongue is coated or discolored. If this applies to you, then this is a good indicator you should get yourself checked out.
Yeast Infection Sound Test At Home
Have you ever heard about borgorygmus? This is a medical term for when your stomach and intestines rumble. If you suffer from candida overgrowth then it is more likely that it will apply to you. If your digestive system is balanced then there is almost no reason for your intestines to make sounds too often.
Although if you are suffering from digestive disturbances then it is more likely you are often experiencing rumbling sounds from your stomach. This can be a result of dysbiosis, which is an imbalance of digestive micro flora.
The noise which you hear is a fermentation process which takes place inside you. You may be used to it and think it is a normal occurrence, but this is not the case.
- Food in the digestive tract normally degrades quite quickly. Fermentation is a slow process.
- This is how gas is formed. For this reason people suffering from borborygmus will have excessive flatulence.
- So instead of the digestive tract processing food quickly, it is done slowly and with fermentation. You should implement the sound test. It is recommended that you do not rely on just one yeast infection testing method and keep track of stomach rumblings throughout the week. During you candida cleanse you will notice that your stomach is more silent.
Truly yeast infection symptoms can be quite uncomfortable. But rarely are serious if diagnosed and treated in their early stages. It is important to get an accurate diagnosis from a doctor because you will know which treatment is necessary.
Yeast infection test for symptoms
Here are the signs of a yeast infection:
- Intense vaginal itching
- Burning sensation, especially during urination.
- White vaginal discharge similar to cottage cheese which is mostly odorless.
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Swelling and soreness in the vulva
Yeast infections can also be triggered by other illnesses like physical and mental stress or anything which weakens the immune system. Vaginal contraceptive, menopause feminine hygiene products or tight fitting clothing are not directly responsible for yeast infection but can make you more susceptible.
Here are couple of common reasons which make you more susceptible to yeast infection.
- Use of antibiotics (they kill lactobacillus, or good bacteria, in the vagina)
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weakened immune system
- Bad diet. Over consumption of sugary and refined foods
- Hormonal imbalance near your menstrual cycle
- Stress both physical and mental.
- Lack of sleep or sleep deprivation.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection which is caused when certain bacteria change the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina.
Vaginal yeast infection test and how its diagnosed?
Yeast infection is usually easy to test for. Medical professionals will gather information about the medical history. This may include whether you have been diagnosed with yeast infection prior. They will also ask if you have had any sexually transmitted diseases or infections.
They will perform a pelvic exam. They will examine and test if you have any external signs of yeast infection surrounding your vagina. They will also examine whether there is any signs of infection on vaginal walls or cervix. Depending on whether they will find any signs of a yeast infection. They will send a sample to the lab for testing. Test are usually requested only for women who have had yeast infection on a regular basis.
After the initial diagnosis you will be able to determine the future yeast infection on your own.
Here is a list of questions which you should ask yourself for an accurate yeast infection test.
It does not make it 100% certain, but highly probable if all of them apply to you.
- Have you taken antibiotics for longer than 2 months?
- Have you taken tetracycline to treat acne for 1 month?
- Have you in any time of your life been bothered by prostatitis or male yeast infection problem such as jock itch?
- Have you taken prednisone or other cortisone type drugs such as inhaled steroids for asthma. Or hydrocortisone for skin problems?
- Do your symptoms worsen on rainy, foggy days or in moldy places?
- Have you had athlete’s foot, ringworm, other similar chronic fungal infections?
- Do you overeat sugar, soda drinks, candy, chocolate, ice cream or similar foods?
- Do you consume alcoholic beverages on a routine basis?
- Do you become fatigued and lethargic for no apparent reasons?
- Do you experience bad memory or brain fog?
- Do you experience cycles of depression?
- Do you experience muscle weakness or paralysis?
Are you experiencing pain and/or swelling of the joints.
- Do you have abdominal pain, bloating or a lot of gas.
- Do you experience constipation often?
- Do you experience diarrhea?
Do you experience cycles of irritability or anxiety.
- Do you experience poor coordination or dizziness?
- Are you unable to concentrate?
- Do you experience frequent mood swings?
- Do you have headaches?
- Do you experience shortness of breath?
Do you experience itching ears, groin, scalp, armpits or other places on / in the body?
Do you have skin rashes?
- Do you have indigestion?
Do you have belching and intestinal gas?
Do you have mucous in stools?
If you test positive for almost every yeast infection home test here, then you can draw a likely conclusion that you have candida overgrowth.